Lynda Roberson Louis, Ph.D.
|Click here to change font size:
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Computer Science – Information Systems
Dent Hall, Room 144
Office Telephone Number:
- Computer Concepts and Applications
- Computer Science Seminar/Internship I and II
- Java and Web Site Development
Research and/or Teaching Interests:
- Information Technology Outsourcing
- End User Computing and End User Support
- Human Side of IT
- Human Computer Interactions
- Information Resource Management
- Network Management
- Institutional Research and Assessments
- Academic Computing Committee, 2008 Dillard University
- Natural Sciences and Public Health Division Website Committee - chair, Dillard University
- Staff Senate Organizing Committee, 2007-08, Southern University at Baton Rouge
- Computer Science Curriculum Committee, 2003-05, Xavier University
- University Technology Taskforce, 2005, Xavier University
- Information Resource Management Association (IRMA)
- Association of Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP)
- Informing Science Institute
- Louisiana Association of Institutional Research (LAIR)
- Ad-Hoc Reviewer and Associate Editor for the Journal of Cases on Information Technology, IDEA Group Publishing, 2004-2008.
- Member of the International Editorial Review Board for the International Journal of Information and Communication Technology Education, IDEA Group Publishing, 2004-2008.
- Louis, L. R. (2006). Technical Issues Facing Work Groups, Teams, and Knowledge Networks in Terms of Communities of Practice, in Encyclopedia of Communities of Practice, Elayne Coakes and Steve Clarke, Eds., pp. 532-536. Idea-Group Publishers, Hershey, PA.
- Louis, L. R. (2005). Employee Perceptions of Outsourcing of Information Technology Operations: An Empirical Investigation, in Issues of Human Computer Interaction, Dr. Anabela Sarmento, ed., pp. 152-177. Idea-Group Publishers: Hershey, PA.
- Louis, L. R. (2003). “An Empirical Investigation of Employee Perceptions of Outsourcing Success of Information Technology Operations.” A paper published in the Conference Proceedings of and presented at the 2003 IRMA International Conference, Philadelphia, PA: May 2003.
- In Progress
Distinguished Contributing Author to Lexicon of Online and Distance Education, Tomei, L., Ed. Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group: Lanham, MD. To be published 2009.
Selected Presentations/Conferences Attended:
- Scantron Class Climate Seminar, New Orleans, LA, 2007.
- NSSE Workshop on Analysis using SPSS, Reno, NV, 2007.
- SACS Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA, 2007.
- Louisiana Association of Institutional Research Conference, New Orleans, LA, 2007.
- Microsoft Academic Alliance Conference, Toronto, Canada, 2005.
- Microsoft Academic Alliance Developers Workshop, Orlando, FL, 2005.
- IRMA International Conference, Philadelphia, PA, 2003.
- External evaluator (2007, 2008) for the NSF Grantwriting Workshop – grant with Southern University at Baton Rouge’s College of Engineering, Dr. Patrick Carriere, PI.
- External researcher/evaluator (2007, 2008) for the Southern University at Baton Rouge/East Baton Rouge Parish School System Gates/Marshall School Reform Partnership with Capitol Pre-College Academies, Dr. Gussie Trahan, PI; Dr. Ivory Toldson, Co-PI.
2601 Gentilly Boulevard
New Orleans, Louisiana 70122
© Copyright 2008.
All rights reserved.
About Dillard | Academics | Admissions | Current Students | Athletics
Alumni | Administration | Contact UsCollege.Gov
Dillard University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran/Reserve/National Guard status and prohibits such discrimination by its students, faculty and staff. Students, faculty and staff are assured of participation in University programs and use of facilities without such discrimination.