Dillard University's mission is to produce graduates who excel, become world leaders, are broadly educated, culturally aware, and concerned with improving the human condition. Through a highly personalized and learning-centered approach, Dillard's students are able to meet the competitive demands of a diverse, global and technologically advanced society.
Dillard University’s Strategic Pillars
- Dillard University will be a premier private undergraduate university in the region and in the world of Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
- Dillard University will expand selectively into graduate studies, building on its best programs that represent future projections of workforce needs.
- Dillard University will increase and enhance its commitment to and production of quality, useful research.
- Dillard University will infuse globalization into its curriculum so that it expands its reach to other languages, cultures and countries.
- Dillard University will demonstrate commitment to all students’ success.
- Dillard University will develop student leadership training and enriched educational opportunities outside of the classroom to offer a balanced environment as part of the college experience.
- Dillard University will continue to attract and graduate talented African American students, while welcoming those from a diverse background who can benefit from the unique experience we offer.
- Dillard University will demonstrate commitment to technology as subject matter, a teaching tool and the underpinnings of internal systems that are efficient, reliable and cost-effective.
- Dillard University will show fiscal integrity, with systems of financial and professional accountability and stability.
- Dillard University will be engaged in the revitalization of its home, New Orleans.
- Dillard University will develop and promulgate practices relative to the greening of its campus and the promotion of environmental sustainability.
- Dillard University will develop a Gulf Coast Public Policy Center.