Due to inclement weather, President Kimbrough has advised, the University will implement its rain plan for the 2013 Baccalaureate Service and Commencement Exercises.
Baccalaureate will take place in Lawless Chapel at 6 p.m.
Commencement will be at the UNO Arena and will begin at 9 a.m. Please follow the link with a map indicating where faculty, students, staff and the golden grads should park for entrance to the robing area in the auxiliary gym.
For directions to the arena, click here. Remember, please share with your guests.
Details of Rain Plans:
Baccalaureate: Lawless Chapel, 6 p.m.
Timeline for Baccalaureate
4:45 p.m. - Students- robe Will Alexander Library, 1st floor
5:15 p.m. - Faculty and professional staff; robe in Rosenwald Hall first floor and Room 114
5:15 p.m. - Platform party; robe in Lawless social room
5:30 p.m. Lineup
5:35 p.m. Pre-Ceremonial begins
5:45 p.m. Procession begins
6:00 p.m. Program begins
7:15 p.m. Program ends
Robing for Baccalaureate: [Graduates will be given umbrellas if needed to process from library to Chapel]
· President, cabinet, trustees, speaker, platform marshals- Lawless Social Room
· Choir – room in chapel next to sanctuary
· Class of 2013 and student marshals –1st floor Will Alexander library
· Faculty/staff and faculty/staff marshals– Rosenwald 114 and main hall
Commencement: UNO Arena, 9 a.m.
Timeline for Commencement
Arrival time: 7:45 a.m.
President to address graduates: 8:15 a.m.
Lineup: 8:30 a.m.
Procession: 8:45 a.m.
Program begins: 9 a.m.
Program ends: 11:15 a.m. ·
. Continental Breakfast will be served on campus: 6:30 a.m. – 7:30 a.m.
· Platform members- President’s conference
· Graduates and Choir - Kearny main dining hall
· Golden Graduates – First floor Kearny
· Faculty and staff – Kearny West Wing
Shuttle service will be provided for graduates residing on campus who need transportation as well as for Golden Graduates who need transportation.
Robing at UNO Arena:
· Platform – Privateer Room
· Graduates- Gym
· Faculty and staff – Gym (there will be a partition in the gym for these areas)
Dillard security will still be needed at UNO but must inform the UNO police
Ushers and Logistics Volunteers
More will be needed at the arena EMS Will be advised of rain plan and location at UNO