LPN to BSN Admission
Are you ready for Dillard University's Nursing Program? Review this checklist and answer the following:
1. Have you completed the first-year core curriculum (see courses below) and nursing cognate courses with a grade of "C" or better?
2. Did you have to repeat any of the following courses: (CHE 111, CHE 114/104, BIO 201/202, and MATH 121)? If so, did you have to repeat them more than once? If you did, you are not eligible for admission to the nursing program.
3. Is your GPA 2.5 or above?
4. Did you take the TEAS? Was your score at 47.6 or above for Reading, and 46.7 or above for Math?
5. Have you attended any other nursing program? If so, can you obtain a letter of good standing (meaning you can return to that nursing program)?
(These must be met once your application is approved for admission to the program.)
1. Complete criminal background checks.
2. Present evidence of satisfactory health status.
3. Present proof of health insurance coverage
4. Present proof of student nurse liability insurance.
5. Complete a cardiopulmonary resuscitation course at the level of the Professional Rescuer
(from American Red Cross) or Healthcare Provider (American Heart Association).
(Must be completed with a grade of “C” or above. No more than one repeat of any science or math course. Students with two or more repeats are not eligible for admission.)
AWS 100 Survey of the African World
If you are ready to attend the Dillard University School of Nursing:
1. Complete your application (available in January) by March 1 and submit all required transcripts to the School of Nursing (if seeking transfer credit).
2. Take the TEAS exam (offered in the fall and spring). See the Dillard Nursing Facebook page or www.dillard.edu for additional information.
3. We strongly recommend you take summer classes to keep on track to enter the program (we only offer admission once a year, in the fall).
Study hard and do well. We look forward to seeing you in our program!